We are committed to supporting quality research into the cause, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of any condition, which may affect the general health, education or welfare of children.
Each year, the Foundation dedicates around $1.5million towards community-based studies, clinical studies and basic science in the children’s research fields of allied health, fertility and pregnancy, education, environment, dentistry, nursing, medicine, mental health, midwifery, welfare and protection, and social sciences, within South Australia.
We also continue with our commitment to foster research excellence and outcomes in our priority areas of:
- Improving child protection and its effect
- Improving children’s mental health and the impact of developmental disorders
- Reducing childhood obesity and its impact
- Understanding the social determinants of childhood health and development
We also remain committed to supporting research careers and capability in South Australia by:
- Fostering early career researchers
- Funding ‘proof of concept’ research
- Providing seed funding for early stage research where other grant funding is unavailable, and
- Supporting the retention of local research talent to deliver outcomes within South Australia